Animal Sales Policy
Applicable to the following businesses:
Cherokee Flats & Morningstar Rattery & Mousery
- WE DO NOT SHIP ANIMALS, NO EXCEPTIONS, DO NOT ASK, DO NOT ASSUME, ALL ANIMALS MUST BE PICKED UP AT THE FARM
- ALL ANIMALS are sold on a first come/first serve basis.
- Prices can and will change as the animals develop
- All Animals must be paid for IN FULL before leaving our possession.
- Any animal sold as a PET must have a SIGNED purchase agreement (all purchases) and Risk Acknowledgement (for purchase of multiple rabbits ONLY) ON FILE before the animal can leave the farm.
- Cherokee Flats does not guarantee that any animal purchased from us will win any show or produce any offspring.
- Cherokee Flats does not guarantee the health of any animal purchased after it leaves our possession. We do, however, guarantee that the animal was healthy at the time of purchase.
- Cherokee Flats reserves the right to refuse sale of any animal to anyone for any reason.
- Despite our best efforts, sexing rabbits under the age of 10 weeks old can be very difficult. Therefore, we do not guarantee the sex of the rabbit if it's under 10 weeks of age.
- We do not sell multiple rabbits to PET ONLY homes (unless you agree to sign a Risk Acknowledgement form).
- ALL ANIMALS BEING SOLD AS PETS, BREEDERS OR SHOW ANIMALS MUST BE PAID FOR IN FULL BEFORE AN APPOINTMENT WILL BE MADE. We have had too many people make appointments and not show up. Because of this, we have had to change our deposit policy.
- Please arrive to your scheduled appointment ON TIME. If you are more than 10 mins late without communicating it to us, your appointment will be canceled and all money forfeited as payment for our time wasted. If, for any reason, you must cancel or reschedule your appointment, you have until 6:00 pm CDT the day BEFORE your scheduled appointment time to cancel. Any cancelations after that time will be considered "Late Cancellation" and/or "No Call/No Show" and you will be added to a "Do Not Sell To" list and all money sent will be forfeited.
- Appointments are ONLY available on specific days of the week due to personal schedules. You appointment is not confirmed UNTIL you have received a confirmation email from us. All required information on the form MUST be filled out or your request will be denied and/or appointment will be cancelled.
- PET ONLY means that the animal CANNOT be shown or bred and does not come with a pedigree. All PET ONLY Sales must be accompanied by a signed "Sales Agreement", a signed "Risk Acknowledgement" (if purchasing more than 1 rabbit) and be sent back to us BEFORE the animal leaves the property. Failure to do so will result in cancelation of your appointment and forfeiture of any deposit made.**
- Under no circumstances are you to "Just Show Up" on our farm unannounced. You will be asked to leave the property and make proper arrangements.
- Restrooms are unavailable to customers so please make sure to use restroom facilities before your arrival to Cherokee Flats. There are multiple gas stations and travel stops in LeRoy, IL as well as Farmer City, IL that you can use before arriving here.
- At the time of visit, no other animals may be brought onto our property. This is to ensure the safety of ALL livestock on property. No Exceptions will be made. Since this is private property, we do not have to abide by ADA requirements, however, if you have a service dog with you, he or she may get out of the vehicle. NOTE: Emotional Support Animals are not included in the ADA exception.
- Use of alcohol and/or illegal drugs of any kind are strictly prohibited on Cherokee Flats property. If it is discovered that you are indeed in possession of such items, local authorities will be notified and proper disciplinary action taken.
- Cherokee Flats is a BREEDER and does not nor has any obligation to, take in any animals. If you call here and ask us to take in the bunny you purchased your child for Easter, you will be told NO and the call will end.
- Cherokee Flats does not offer for sale any animal that is to be given as a gift. If you intend to purchase a rabbit (or any animal sold here) as a gift for Christmas, Birthday, Anniversaries, Easter...etc, do not bother contacting us.
- Please note that Policy Conditions can change without notice and will be updated ASAP in the event a change does occur.
We are a privately owned farm. We live on this property and as such, emergencies can happen. Our hours of operation can change as needed. Contacting us via Email, Text or phone call may require you to leave a message. Messages are answered within 2 business days (unless there has been a family emergency)